Center for the National Interest Is Hiring: Executive Assistant to the President
Executive Assistant to the President
The Center for the National Interest is currently seeking a well-organized, creative, flexible, career-oriented individual to serve as executive assistant to the Center's President. The executive assistant provides a full range of administrative support, organizing and structuring the president's activity. The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of administrative experience and be highly professional, detail-oriented, and proactive. The position requires a BA, and strong writing & editing skills. An appropriate professional demeanor to work with high-level board members and other contacts in and out of government is also very important. There are significant opportunities for additional responsibility in this small office environment for a capable individual.
The Center for the National Interest is a non-partisan public policy institution established by former President Richard Nixon. Its current programs focus on U.S. relations with China, the Middle East, and Russia. The Center also publishes the bimonthly foreign affairs magazine The National Interest. The Center is supported by foundation, corporate and individual donors as well as by an endowment.
1. Providing general administrative support, including scheduling, correspondence, travel arrangements, placing and receiving telephone calls, and filing.
2. Assisting with substantive writing projects, including light research, taking dictation, typing, proofreading, and editing.
3. Organizing seminars, briefings, and other events, including sending invitations, tracking responses, follow-up communication, arranging catering, and preparing written summaries.
4. Communicating on behalf of the CEO with other staff, board members, and supporters.
5. Performing other duties as needed.
1. A BA/BS is required. An MA is preferred.
2. Proficiency with Russian language and Russian area studies is a plus.
Salary is in the mid-to-upper 30s; benefits are competitive. Qualified candidates please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Image: Wikimedia Commons/Antonio Litterio