Jobs and Internships
TNI offers a limited number of DC-based editorial internships during the academic year and over the summer. Interns will gain experience in all aspects of the publication process—from editing to research and production. There may be opportunities to get bylines. Note: You must be based in the Washington, DC area to apply for this internship.
- Researching potential articles and authors.
- Reviewing and copyediting articles.
- Fact-checking submissions.
- Writing blog posts.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program or a recent graduate (highly qualified undergraduates may be considered).
- Experience with, or at minimum a serious interest in, international affairs and foreign-policy publications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask within deadlines and work well with others.
Qualified candidates may email a résumé and a short writing sample to Zachary Keck at zkeck (at) nationalinterest.org. The writing sample should be written as an article The National Interest would consider publishing online.