Firefighters from three states responded to a nudist resort as a major blaze broke out during its “Nude Year’s Eve” party.
Avalon Resort’s lodge, located on 140 acres of woods in Paw Paw, West Virginia, was a total loss, but the pool and bar were spared, firefighters told the Cumberland Times-News.
Photos showed massive flames engulfing the sky, feet from a large propane tank. Other photos show a pool in the background.
Avalon’s website says it is the “friendliest, clothing-optional resort,” two hours from Washington, D.C.
“On New Years Eve we had a fire in the lodge. Thankfully no one (including pets) was injured. The aquatic center was not affected at all. The Nudsino needs some work and clean-up, but can be back up and running. The Bare Barn was untouched,” according to the resort’s Facebook page. “We are temporarily closed but are already working on plans to reopen.”