Job Description: Executive Editor
The National Interest (TNI), a well-respected international affairs publication, is seeking a new Executive Editor to manage the day-to-day operations of its award winning website www.nationalinterest.org. This position offers the opportunity to work directly with the editor of TNI in soliciting and publishing essays and blogs from premier academics, journalists and think-tank scholars on vital international developments.
The following include the main duties of this challenging yet exciting position:
- Along with a team of editors, selecting all of TNI’s website content. This includes feature length pieces, blog posts and video content for publication.
- Copyedit, fact check and properly position all editorial content for maximum exposure.
- Ensure TNI meets or exceeds unique user and page view goals on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Working with established contributors as well as reaching out to new authors for the purposes of filling out an editorial calendar on diverse topics such as US foreign policy, national security, US domestic politics, defense issues and more.
- Running the day-to-day social media accounts of TNI including, but not limited to, Facebook (over 1 million likes) and Twitter.
- Working with TNI’s technical staff to ensure the proper maintenance and operation of the TNI website, including search engine optimization (SEO).
- Work with national and international media outlets to promote TNI authors and content.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and at least one writing sample of at least 500 words to [email protected].