National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien on the Korean War, North Korea and the U.S.-ROK Alliance
Five experts give their views on the 70th anniversary of the start of the Korean War.
On June 30th, the Center for the National Interest held a webinar marking the 70th anniversary of the start of the Korean War (please see our special symposium on this topic with over fifty-plus perspectives here).
That virtual event addressed the war’s impact on the Korean Peninsula and the larger Asia-Pacific region. In addition, the panel discussed contemporary inter-Korean and U.S.-North Korean relations, including where they could be headed in the months and years to come. Here we present a video of that event:
The speakers at the event included:
• Keynote Speaker: Robert C. O’Brien, National Security Adviser to President Donald Trump.
• Moderator: Harry J. Kazianis, Senior Director of Korean Studies at the Center for the National Interest and Executive Editor of The National Interest.
• Panelist: LT. General Wallace Gregson (U.S. Marines, Retired), former Assistant Secretary of Defense; Senior Director, China and the Pacific Program at the Center for the National Interest; and former head of U.S. Marines in the Pacific.
• Panelist: LT. Colonel Daniel Davis (U.S. Army, Retired), Senior Fellow at Defense Priorities and former adviser to the South Korean government while on active duty in South Korea.
• Panelist: Doug Bandow, Senior Fellow at the CATO Institute, and author of the book Tripwire: Korea and U.S. Foreign Policy in a Changed World.